Sunday, April 22, 2012

CP162: To Heal Your Heart


This is the card I made for the CardPatterns sketch challenge. Most of the color challenges I participated in this week were bright colors with a lot of saturated colors. I decided to switch things up with this sketch challenge.

I wanted to create a card that could be used for a sympathy card. I'm glad to say I don't have anyone to give it to. But, it's nice to have these on hand when the occasion arises. I put a lot of details in this card. I also used the Ranger Distress Inks for the first time on this card. I love how they blend together. Another technique on this card was cracked glass. This is one of my favorite distress techniques. It takes a bit of time since I don't have the UTEE. I used clear SU embossing powder. I think I did about 10 coats! It may have been overkill but I never know how much is needed to create the effect.


The Stamps
SU Inspired by Nature
SU Petite Pairs

The Colors
Soft Suede
Not Quite Navy
Very Vanilla

The Embellishments
SU Chantilly Crochet Trim
SU Elegant Soiree DSP
SU Mini Binder Clips

The Tools
SU Clear Embossing Powder
SU Heat Tool
SU 1" Circle Punch
SU 1 1/4" Circle Punch
Ranger Distress Inks
Ranger Blending Tool and Applicator Foam

And, now for the sketch...

1 comment: